Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Framed & Lighted Birthday


Hey everybody,

Hope you all are having a super week, good whether and lots of crafting. 

This time around I did not create a card or even use my ProMarkers, but this project still needs a little explaining.

My younger brother drives an 18 wheeler, and for his birthday I had the idea to make him a crafted truck and some how be able to light up the truck lights. 

Here's what I used and how I did it:

Stamp by Daisy Doodles called Keep On Truckin'  - I used the negative effect in my Paint Shop Pro program to create a silhouette with the stamp, typed the happy birthday sentiment and printed it out on some card stock I got as part of a gift.

The silver was created with border stickers, a/c duct tape, silver thread, and a small amount of silver with a uniball pen, and I used orange and clear rhinestones to represent the running lights.

Headlights:  I found a site called Model Train Software, and was able to buy a light kit that runs off of a watch type battery, which actually included light switches (you can see them bottom left of the photo).  I made the headlight covers out of (believe it or not) clear plastic from a water bottle and vellum, and put it all in a plain black picture frame.

Thanks for taking the time out of your day, and stopping by.


I would like to enter into the following challenges:

Party Time Tuesday 3 of 3 (I used 3 sizes of rhinestones, 3 colors - black, silver and tan, 3 words in my sentiment)
Shopping Our Stash Birthday (card stock is over a year old)
Through The Craftroom Door Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown Anything Goes
Craft My Life Anything but a card
The Crazy Challenge Birthday
The Shabby Tea Room 
Silhoutte
The Outlawz Saturday Paper a-la-mode Anything but a card
Crafting When We Can For Boys
Pretty Little Ribbon Anything goes

36 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep on trucking and keep on creating this is just fantabulously super...love them lights...lol, looks cool and clever design...can't wait for your next one.xxx

karalschuknecht said...

This is awesome, those lights are great. I love it. Karal

Patti J said...

Judy, you are amazing! Look at this fabulous truck - your brother is going to be totally awed and thrilled with this gift! Thanks for sharing, and for telling us all your crafting secrets! You rock, dear friend :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

Yikes! How cool is this!! He is going to love it (-:
Super congrats on the DT (-:
Knew it wouldn't take long
Hugs
Linda

Gram's Treasures said...

Wow! This is awesome...I bet he takes this on his travels too.
Joyce xx

Unknown said...

I am floored at the details of this card. How wonderful for your brother to receive it. Wow...just incredible! I love making cards like this.

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Oh my gosh...are you kidding me? That is amazing and I am blown away. He is sure to love it and I will not be surprised if you win every one of those challenges! Fantastic job Judy!

Glenda Atkins said...

Amazing card, I bet you blow his socks off with this masterpiece. Very creative and a simply fantastic card!
hugs
Glenda

NanaConnie said...

What a fantastic idea, Judy! I know he's going to love it. I'm so tickled that you played along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Penny said...

Wow, what a spectacular project, Judy! You are certainly an innovative artist! :^)
Hugs, Penny

brenda said...

A perfect card to the lads Judy.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge.

B x

Lorraine said...

What a brilliant idea Judy. I love those headlights!
Lorraine x

KraftyKoolKat said...

I am lost for words sweetie, this is amazing. I am sure your brother was in awe. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

MaryH said...

Wow! You sure used your noggin to make this card. My DH would love it, as he drove a semi after he retired from his regular job of 31 yrs. This is a neat project & your brother is gonna love it. Getting lights from the Train place was inspired, and would never have thought of the bottle plastic & vellum. Oh yes, on your comment about the last cardinal, it's also NC's state bird, my birth state. TFS this really cute project. Hugs

sparklingblackrose said...

Wow, just incredible! Showing some serious crafting talent :-) Thank you so much for joining my All Crafts challenge lovely-hope to see you enter again soon :-) Elaine-xxx-

Julie said...

This is amazing - what a fab idea!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for our Anything Goes Challenge! Hope you can join us again next week!

Hugs

Julie xx

Teresa Kline said...

this is an awesome card, hope you have a wonmderful week!

enjoy *~*

Amy Johnson said...

What a fabulous masculine card!

Miss Emerald said...

Fantastic card! Very good idea. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge.

Jules said...

OMG Judy!!! this has blown me away.
You did a fantastic job, very creative thinking, I'm sure Josh will love it xxxx

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

hI Judy
This card is lovely.
Thank you for caring about little Stacey.
Hugs
Chris x

Alica said...

SO cool!Perfectly masculine card and the lights are awesome touch!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Sasha said...

WOW! What a wonderful idea with your truck headlights! Guys love cards like these!
Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge x

Debbie said...

Wow!! This is soooo cool!! What a great project!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

This is a great guy card, My father was a trucker. He would have love to receive a card like this. Awesome.
Hugs

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Judy, I love what you have done with the truck.
Kevin xx

Karen said...

Hey my friend, this is brilliant, you're so imaginative. How long you been making cards,,,,,lol

xx

Unknown said...

This is awesome! He will love it lots! Hugz

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely fabulous, such a brilliant idea I bet your brother loved it
Lindsay xx

Peanut said...

Oh what a clever card, Judy! It's the perfect man card. Thanks for joining our challenge. We'd love to see you again next week. … x
Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

Poppet said...

Absolutley genius Judy. I bet your brother loved it.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Vicky said...

Fantastic card, super idea using the lights thanks for joining us on crafting when we can, hugs Vicky

Gemiel said...

Wow Judy, this is fabulous!!!!! I just love that the headlights actually light up. You brother is going to love it!!!

Emily Lauritzen said...

What an awesome idea! This sparks so much inspiration in my mind right now! So fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
<3 Emily L.-DT

Roxann said...

What a totally awesome masculine card!! Thanks so much for sharing at TTCRD.

Karen said...

Brilliant my friend.

xx

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...